[colug-432] Fwd: javascript help needed

Brian bnmille at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 13:24:01 EDT 2012

We have some users at work who want a web page redirection.  They
claim it was working once, but I can't find any previous
files/examples that would have caused it to work.

What they want:  When people hit a link directly,
example.com/somepage, it is suppose to redirect to
example.com/otherpage.  The "otherpage" may (or may not) have some new
information on it, but it will also have a link on it back to
"somepage".  If "somepage" detects the referral from "otherpage", it
is suppose to let the people connect to it.  But otherwise, it should
always send people to "otherpage".

The claim is that this was done in javascript.  I found something
similar using PHP, but PHP is not an option for us, as the web page is
not on our server, and the server does not have PHP installed.  Could
anyone suggest some javascript that could do what they want?

Thanks.