[colug-432] DropBox, iDrive, Google Drive, Amazon, ... cloud storage

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Fri Jun 8 14:27:04 EDT 2012

I have been using Googoo Services for a while.  Long story.  So when
it comes to "cloud sorage", my first choice is Googoo Drive simply
because of logistical proximity.  (Or, I'm just lazy.)

But ... since the Googoo guys are dragging their feet and delaying
their Drive, I am curious what else is out there?

Part of this is to keep peace at home.  Try as I might (eg: with
SAMBA), I cannot convince all family members to use the file servers I
have assembled.  (Kids these days ... they just figure it out on their
own.)  So "we" have at least one DropBox account.  That's fine.  I can
add DropBox to Linux (even if it is Nautilus-centric.  meh)  And for a
large portion of the content, security/privacy is not the highest
priority.  I am looking for a way to map a drive (to Windows) and
mount the same thing on Linux.

So ... what do y'all use?  What do you like?  What do you hate?
SPECIFICALLY, what "cloud storage" solutions do you like that work
with Linux?

Thanks.

'::1, sweet ::1'