[colug-432] June COLUG Meeting Announcement

Pat Collins pat at linuxcolumbus.com
Tue Jun 26 13:25:53 EDT 2012

On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 12:08:03 -0400 (EDT) R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com>
wrote

> I am very distrustful of more formal CMS' such as Joomla and
> Drupal, as I have seen their code, and repeated exploits
> there.  I do not want to be in 'site maintenance mode' for
> COLUG at all.  The old hand-build CMS that Paul and I cobbled
> together has worked well over the years from a security
> stqandpoing, but not so well for delegation of authoring.
> CentOS has had pretty good luck with trusted authors and
> MoinMoin

I doubt you have seen repeated exploits on Drupal sites, care to offer proof on
a site being run by professionals?  The Drupal core is always being improved and
they have a very good security team.  Delegation of authoring is extremely good
(role based).  I'm rarely in "site maintenance mode" and even then, the cli
makes it pretty easy to automate.

Joomla has gotten better, but I don't like their development model.

Now, the next question.  Since COLUG is about open source why is this group so
close minded?

Pat