[colug-432] to get a tablet

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Sat Mar 10 10:14:18 EST 2012

What do y'all think about tablets?

My wife and I want to get her dad something for his birthday.  We're
thinking he might like a tablet.  The primary function would be
gaming, probably movies, but also web surfing.

He's not an Apple aficionado, but would be happy with an iPad.  My
sister's family has an iPad and they like it.  But what about the
Samsung?  And Sony, usually overpriced, seems to have something
reasonable.

Then too ... maybe he would like a "convertible", but they've been
using ordinary laptops for so long that a convertible doesn't seem
like a substantial change.  (And might be cumbersome.)