[colug-432] For Sale: Netbook: CHEAP!

Joshua Kramer joskra42.list at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 20:25:17 EST 2012

Howdy All,

I have for sale, an Acer Aspire One Netbook.  First $30 takes it, as I am
selling it for the purpose of hacking or parts salvage.  The LCD is in good
condition, and the battery gives ~45 minutes on a full charge.  Has 1 GB
RAM.  Hard drive is not included, AC adapter is included.

Why am I selling it?  It has recently started giving me trouble.  After
about 20 minutes of use, the Kernel burps with an "unhandled IRQ 16 error",
and then wireless networking stops working.  (This occurs even when I have
an external adapter connected via USB port.)  When I go to shut down, a
Kernel Panic occurs.  Also, only one of the three USB ports work.

Having said that, the machine passed 5 cycles of memtest86.  So it might be
that a kernel update caused an issue, especially since I'm not using a
Netbook-optimized OS.  Someone who does use a Netbook-optimized OS might
have better luck... but in any case, the machine no longer fulfills the
purpose I had for it.

Thanks!
-JK