[colug-432] Mozilla and Google conspiracy

Chris Clonch chris at theclonchs.com
Mon Oct 8 21:40:04 EDT 2012

On 10/08/12 21:12, Rick Troth wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Bill Baker <bill_chris at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> Both Lightning and Enigmail work in Thunderbird 15.0.1.  I have both
>> installed and they work fine for me.
> Encouraging!
> So I checked ... was at 12 ... tried 15 ... still get "Enigmail not
> available for Thunderbird 15" and "Lightning not available for
> Thunderbird 15".  But this is on my wife's W7 machine.  Are they only
> still usable on Linux?  That would stink because I went the Mozilla
> route for the cross-platform consistency.

I have Lighting 1.7 running in 15.0.1, but I am not using Enigmail on
this machine.  So I checked as well and get the same: Not available (due
to using binary components).  However, you actually need to install the
slightly older 1.4.4 version.  That installs just fine...

-Chris

Scanned and tagged as non-SPAM with DSPAM 3.9.0 by Your ISP.com