[colug-432] U-Verse and IPv6

Greg Sidelinger gate at ilive4code.net
Mon Sep 17 10:03:57 EDT 2012

To go along with next weeks meeting. Does anyone have any experience
with AT&T's U-Verse with IPv6.  They have started their residential
role out of IPv6 and I'm curious how it all "works" as I'm used to
having my own private IPs and DHCP server handing them out all behind
my little NAT device.  I'm getting U-Verse internet installed this
week and could not get much information out of them while ordering,
granted the technical person the sales lady went to had to look up
what IPv6 even was.  I'm hoping the tech (the TV one was good) who
comes out knows a little bit as I was not finding much information on
AT&T's web site.

Greg

P.S.  I have a lot of learning to do for IPv6 as I really have not
paid much attention to it as I have not wanted to play with the
tunnels and I've been waiting for my provider to support it.