[colug-432] DVD+R

Angelo McComis angelo at mccomis.com
Mon Apr 1 21:50:36 EDT 2013

I've had problems in the past with Maxell and the Tayo Yudens (JVC)
media. But Kodak -- I've had in the past and not had problems.

I concur -- -R was considered more compatible than +R but admittedly,
most DVD players these days will play either.

Media isn't terribly expensive these days so its not hard if you want
to rule out your drive or a bad batch of media. Swap a blank disk with
a friend and try a burn. If you can burn their media fine, and they
can't burn your media either, you have a bad batch. If you can't burn
their media but they can burn yours, you have a bad burner.