[colug-432] USB disks and Load Cycle Count

Bill Schwanitz bilsch at bilsch.org
Wed Apr 3 16:00:11 EDT 2013

make sure the drive shows up as in the database ( smartctl -a, it's towards the top of the output ). if its not, the only way to fix that I know of is to compile fresh from the main repo ( the drives are stored in a .h file somewhere )

we had that issue with some newer drives ( crucial m4 ) and that upgrade made the values actually make sense.

short version of why is that not all drive manufacturers use the same id/property mapping. not saying this is your problem but it could be

Bill Schwanitz

If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut. - Albert Einstein.