[colug-432] free computer

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Thu Apr 11 17:14:15 EDT 2013

COLUGgers --

I have a no-name desktop system which *was* working until the hard
drive started "clicking".

Got this beater from a friend who asked me to wipe it.  So I installed
Linux over Windoze.  Worked.  (Not for certain grades of forensics, I
know.  But that's a whole nutha story.)  When I told him the deed was
done, he said to keep the machine.  (He in turn was disposing of it
for someone else and simply wanted any personal data destroyed.)  So I
named it "wipeout" (cute, eh?) and used it in some IPv6 investigation.

I have *never* opened the case, so it could have a decade of dust.
Before the disk failed, it was convenient as a throw-down server.  At
this point, I do not recall how much RAM it has nor the processor
grade.  Never paid attention to the graphics capability.

Lemme know if you're interested.  I'd drop a working disk in it if I
were not in purge mode.

--