[colug-432] cat6 or cat6a?

Angelo McComis angelo at mccomis.com
Fri Apr 12 09:43:28 EDT 2013

Just remember - don't put just one run in each room. Put a couple. Maybe
even 3.

I'd like to put my router/firewall/wireless ap somewhere other than where
it is, but everything terminates in one spot, and there's only single runs
everywhere in my house.

Fiber - certainly not a horrible idea. Make sure it's multi-mode rather
than single-mode. Unless you're running a long distance point to point high
bandwidth circuit... but you would likely terminate that at your router.
You might need something like a Cisco 6509 to tie it all together though.
:-)