[colug-432] Red Hat in May

Jim Wildman jim at rossberry.com
Fri Apr 19 09:51:40 EDT 2013

Ok, so I'm now an @redhat employee, so season to taste...

I looked at this product about a year ago (before I joined RHT) and
liked what I saw.  Now that I've seen it up close (and talked to
customers who have it installed)...wow...

For a first cut by a small company (MIQ had 37 employees, 10 engineers)
it is an amazing tool for high level management of virtualized
environments.  It is really targetted at companies with hundreds to
thousands of VM's, but I think it will move downstream
quickly...particularly once we finish the open sourcing of the code.

I highly encourage attendance if you have any interest in
virtualization.  FYI, we just rebranded this product as CloudForms 2.0.
Manage IQ will go away.

Do you know who is doing the presenting?