[colug-432] TCP port "permission denied" on rooted Android

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Tue Dec 3 14:08:42 EST 2013

On 12/01/2013 08:51 PM, Rob Funk wrote:
>> > 2.3.4
> Ah, way old.
>
> Have you checked iptables?

Had not thought to check IPTables. Will do that.

>> > I installed the SELinux utils, issued a 'getenforce', and it said
>> > "Disabled". Am I missing something?
> I was just pointing out that recent versions of Android actually do use
> SELinux, as well as including some changes to the Capabilities system.

Understood.

The tip about checking IPTables and Capabilities is huge. Thanks.

I've been pleased with Android, but to call it Linux is really
misleading: The Linux part is mostly just the kernel. The rest is highly
customized. So ... things like socket lock-down are not surprising, just
frustrating.

-- R; <><