[colug-432] Intel Centrino

Angelo McComis angelo at mccomis.com
Tue Dec 10 17:18:36 EST 2013

have zippy performance:

* Slow HDD (5400 rpm, or gasp... 4200 rpm?)
* Failing HDD (one that has a lot of bad places marked, so the drive is
constantly hunting around for places to put things)
* Memory - but most of it shared with graphics card? Perhaps it's failing,
and spending time doing error correcting?

Those are things I'd look at, but I don't know how to quantify the
"perceived" slowness problem.