[colug-432] MAKE Magazine International Meetup on Raspberry Pi, 17 Jan at The Columbus Idea Foundry 8P-11P

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 00:39:36 EST 2013

Hi, All,

MAKE Magazine is putting on an International Meetup on Raspberry Pi
on the evening of 17 January.  Their part is to pick a date and time and
encourage groups to self-assemble on Google+ Hangout and to provide
some logistical assistance for local organizers.  This is their second
International Meeetup (the first was in November, on 3D Printing).
I'm organizing the effort for Columbus.

We'll be meeting at The Columbus Idea Foundry at 8P, the Google+
Hangout with MAKE and other meetup sites is from 9P to 10P
(6P-7P Pacific, which is why it's so late) and we'll go until 11P to
give folks a chance to mingle and look at what projects people
have brought.  Throughout the evening, we will have tables set
up where anyone with a Raspberry Pi project can set up and talk
about their project - like a mini science fair.  For the 3D Printing
Meetup, we had 7-8 printers set up.  We did our own "Raspberry
Jam" last year and had a similar number of Raspberry Pi projects
out on the tables.

If you would like to attend, I ask that you RSVP through meetup.com.
MAKE has set this up for a few reasons - one, to send back to
you a link to a PDF copy of the latest issue of MAKE (coming out the
night of the meetup); two, to be entered in a drawing to win one of
five Raspberry Pi starter kits; and three, to gauge attendance at the
various meetups.  The carrot in this case is literal - the top three
groups by pre-registration count receive funding from MAKE for
refreshments.  Columbus blew past Seattle and New York and Toronto
for the top spot for the 3D printing meetup, and we are doing quite
well so far for this one.

http://www.meetup.com/makermeetup/Columbus-OH/852432/

Anyone can attend the meetup, but if you plan to bring a Raspberry Pi,
please contact me so I can plan for table space, electricity, etc.

Cheers,

-ethan