[colug-432] gmail's aggressive spam filters

Rick Hornsby richardjhornsby at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 11:16:47 EST 2013

Just a word of caution, if you use gmail - their spam filters seem to be
getting very aggressive lately.  I've found a handful of valid messages in
my spam box recently, including Steve's "MediaWiki" list email from a few
days ago.  This despite that I read from/write to the colug email address
all the time.

I've used gmail for a long time because their spam filters have tended to
do a really good job keeping the crap out and leaving the other stuff
alone.  Starting to wonder if I shouldn't go back to running my own
spamassassin.

The other big problem I'd have there is that nothing else I've tried, ever,
can match gmail's search capabilities for finding a long-buried message.