[colug-432] client certs and FF and IE

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Wed Jan 30 13:10:46 EST 2013

Update:
Thanks again, gentlemen, for the feedback.
I finally managed to get the client certificate loaded.

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 12:54 AM, Rick Hornsby
<richardjhornsby at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could you be more specific about what isn't working and what errors you're getting?
> What happens when you try to view the cert details in IE?
> What does it say the issue w/ the cert is?

I had loaded this client cert into FF months ago, and then forgotten the steps.

When I exported (from FF) that did not include the private key.  Turns
out that what I wanted was a "backup" operation.  Did that, and loaded
the resulting file into IE.  Works.

I say "works" ... for varying values of "works", that is.   :-)
So now I have a number of issues to chase down w/r/t how IE plays.
But that was the goal.
IE prompts "do you want to send this client certificate?", which is
expected behavior.

Anyway ... that's the status, and thanks again.

--