[colug-432] I lost my password code and LiveUser.

Rob Funk rfunk at funknet.net
Thu Jan 31 09:58:13 EST 2013

On Thursday, January 31, 2013 09:49:28 AM Vince Herried wrote:
> 1. any suggestions for a non painful reset my
> password function

No clue about LiveUser, but I like password-resets that email the user a
link with a unique URL where they can enter verification info (at least
their user ID, which you don't send in the email) and set a new password.

I don't like systems that wipe the password before the user sets a new one,
since they (I) might remember it in the intervening time.

And of course, remember not to send or store a plaintext password anywhere.