[colug-432] the demise of Googoo "Apps for Domains"

Angelo McComis angelo at mccomis.com
Thu Jul 11 14:24:19 EDT 2013

Here's the relevant FAQ for what happened with Google Apps Standard Edition
as it was formerly called:

http://support.google.com/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2855120

Grandfathered in  =  in for good.  Otherwise, the free gravy supply has
been shut off.

I am a lucky person -- I have the free edition, and 100 users capability in
my domain.  I got in /very/ early when it was "just" email before the rest
of the apps came along, hence, my "hosted email" was later upgraded to
Apps, and I kept my 100 user limit.

I'll be keen to hear if anyone brings up a competing service that's "free"
to a handful of users like "Standard Edition" was previously.