[colug-432] WOW is hijacking my Google searches, but how?

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Tue Mar 26 17:40:53 EDT 2013

Others will know better details than I do,
but it comes to mind that it's *easy* for any provider to insert their
own caching layer between you and the world.  Not saying WOW is doing
this, but it's trivial for them to trap all port 80 traffic and serve
up cached content ... or doctored content (or redirection, or
whatever!).  Caching is justified by reducing their upstream port 80
burden.  (For varying values of "justified".)

Conspiracy theorists unite!   :-)

-- R; <><