[colug-432] October COLUG Meeting Announcement

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Wed Oct 9 16:06:38 EDT 2013

Yes, it's what you've all been waiting for: another COLUG meeting!

MEETING NOTICE
==============
Central Ohio Linux Users Group
Date: Wednesday, October 30 7 - 9 PM

Meeting Presentation
==============
Our own Travis Sidelinger will lead a discussion on IT Inventory
Management, and "Build Your Own CMDB":

In IT we work every day to enable and automate the rest of the
company, but why is it that automating our own environment seems so
difficult?  In this lecture we will explore different CMDB solutions
used by different companies, including what some solutions did right,
and what some solutions could have improved on.  Then we'll discuss
how to go about building your own, with a demo of an example solution.
 We'll wrap up with an opportunity for other IT admins to share their
own configuration management (horror) stories.

The upcoming meeting is open to the general public, and all with an
interest in Free Software, Open Source, Linux, Puppet, Chef,
configuration management, Unix, Windows, are invited.

There are no dues or fees.

MEETING SITE:
The October 2013 meeting will be held at:

  Cover My Meds
  130 E. Chestnut St.
  Suite 100
  Columbus, OH 43215

   http://maps.google.com/maps?q=130%20E.%20Chestnut%20St.%20Suite%20100%20%20Columbus%20OH%2043215%20USA

Note: you should be able to park in the lot across Chestnut, as towing
is only enforced until 5 PM.