[colug-432] Meetings!

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Mon Sep 16 13:26:53 EDT 2013

I can offer one man's experiences with any of these ...

        virtualization (covered recently; tag teamed Brian and me)
        IPv6 (covered recently, but increasingly hot topic)
        SSL/TLS and/or PGP/GPG and/or Tor
        build your own Linux (covered *somewhat* recently?)

I could also suggest at least one of the students from OSU's Open
Source Club.  From an odd set of indirection, I learned about Bedrock
Linux.  Daniel Thau heads up an effort to combine the best of any
distro(s) you prefer.  (I have *not* asked for permission to offer up
his name, but he did agree to discuss Bedrock Linux in another forum
recently.)

I cannot supply nor recommend specific material or presenters, but
would be VERY interested in Ham Radio and Linux.  Personally, I am
interested in high speed and IP-compatible digital modes.  (Older
amateur digital modes are still around, but have never interested me
... too many steps removed from what I do with computers.)  A hot
current topic is HSMM-MESH.

There are more intersections of computing and amateur radio, too many
to talk about in one thread.

-- R; <><

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Scott Merrill <skippy at skippy.net> wrote:
> I've been a bad meeting coordinator.
>
> At the Ohio LinuxFest event this weekend, I was approached by a
> long-time member and asked when the next meeting is. I didn't have an
> answer. :(
>
> In order to have a meeting, we should have a presentation. Do I have
> any volunteers?  I'll secure a facility if someone steps up to share
> *something* with the group.
>
> Historically we've alternated between the last Wednesday and last
> Saturday of the month for meetings; but that's not a requirement. I'm
> happy to adjust the schedule to accommodate anyone who wants to
> present.
>
> Thanks!
> Scott