[colug-432] Lost all my dekstop icons, centos 6.5

Tom Hanlon tom at functionalmedia.com
Fri Aug 1 01:00:12 EDT 2014

Colug,

I lost all my desktop icons.

I get the gdm(?) login screen, I login and I

What files are keeping the desktop from showing anything ?
No panel, no icons, just a background and a cursor.

I have tried more than a few things like uninstalling and
re-installing the desktop.

Still nothing.

Has anyone been there ? Any advice.

Centos 6.5

Desktop originally installed with
yum -y groupinstall Desktop

But since it broke, I tried quite a few yum commands to try and clean
whatever file was leading to no panel, no taskbar no nothing.

I must say if feels like the 90's again. Am I going to have to hand
edit an Xconfig file ?

--
Tom