[colug-432] whither handhelds.org?

Rick Troth rmt at casita.net
Mon Aug 4 09:50:24 EDT 2014

Anyone in the group ever use  handhelds.org  for ARM and related
hand-held Linux research/development/support/play?

It's been at least a couple years since I was there, but had in the past
used it for building apps*. Then today, while dispatching a
come-back-and-review-later tab from my browser, I saw mention of the
site so thought to re-visit. But it's gone!

I don't know enough DNS tricks to perform the forensics to learn what
happened. And it's more of a curiosity except that this is (was) one of
those "community" sites, or felt like it. (Funded, but fun.)

Maybe I should try and periodically snap-shot what remains of the open
internet. Ask me off-list if you want the reference.

-- R; <><

*apps here being generic Open Source packages, not phone-specific "apps"