[colug-432] help with a command

Keith Larson klarson at k12group.net
Tue Aug 12 09:58:21 EDT 2014

Cool.  Thanks.
I do have the added bonus that all the files within all the directories have a .1 file extension, so it is probably easier to do a find from that point looking for that.

Keith Larson
Franklin Computer Services - K12group
klarson at k12group.net
(614) 561-4887 (mobile)

 >>> Stephen Potter <spp at unixsa.net> 8/10/2014 9:18 PM >>>
> On 8/10/2014 9:09 PM, Keith Larson wrote:

I need to setup a test server to test these commands.  I tried several suggestions without the -delete and they reported syntax errors.  I appreciate the suggestions.  I think that I'll find something workable in all of them, but have to have a safe way to test.

Keith-

Based on all the feedback you've provided, my solution should work just fine for you.  Please make sure you are cd'ed into the proper directory, then do "ls *.PA/*".  If that returns a list of files, then "/bin/rm *.PA/*" will delete those files (assuming you have the proper permission).  Feel free to send me a screen shot which shows the exact commands and exact error messages you receive.  It is so often easy for a typo to creep into what you do on the command line and not into what you show/copy/paste in an email message.

-spp