[colug-432] Opinions on Certs?

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Wed Dec 10 23:41:13 EST 2014

On 12/10/14, 11:35 PM, Zach Villers wrote:
> I'm studying for an entry level cert, is there any preference for the
> RHCSA, vs LPIC-1 and LFCSA?

RHCSA is vendor specific to Red Hat.  It's a good cert to have, in my
opinion, but won't specifically help you articulate Debian / Ubuntu /
whatever experience.

LPIC and Linux Foundation should both be more vendor neutral.  I've not
researched the requirements for either exam, so I can't speak to
specifics.  I don't know how much either cost, but if they're not too
expensive than I'd say try both.

Cheers,
Scott