[colug-432] Laptop Recommendation

Joshua Kramer joskra42.list at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 20:26:56 EST 2014

Hello Everyone,

I made a great buy today that might be of interest to anyone who is looking
for a Linux-friendly laptop with a lot of processor at a little price.

MicroCenter has Dell Lattitude E6330's.  The screen resolution isn't great
(1366x768), and it only comes with 4G RAM.  However, it also comes with a
dual-core i7 processor and 128GB SSD.  They have a sale going on (that
expires on the 9th), and you can get these at $550.  After that they go
back up to $600... which, if you look on eBay at smaller-spec'd E6330's, is
still a good price.

I popped the SSD out of my HP laptop and put it in the Dell.  CentOS 6.5
booted up perfectly and everything works... webcam, wifi, bluetooth, SD
card reader.  I haven't tried the wired ethernet yet but I'm sure it works
as well.

Cheers,
-JK