[colug-432] Search Command History

Jim Wildman jim at rossberry.com
Tue Feb 11 15:48:33 EST 2014

Sure, if what you want is in the last few commands, and you just want to
repeat that command.  But say you need to redo the command, but change
it slightly and it was 5 days ago?  And note that I used the word
efficient.  ditto for use of vi or any other editor.  There are better
ways than uparrow, backspace, etc.

And for the case of unreliable vpn...use screen on your destination,
along with the other tips.

Really my point is that there are MANY efficiency tools built into the
*nix command line.  If you spend any time at all administering systems,
and especially if you get paid to do it, it pays to know them.  If
nothing else, it will put you miles ahead of the arrow key guys in the
productivity department.