[colug-432] Comcast and connectivity alternatives

Jeff Stebelton jeff.stebelton at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 23:56:28 EST 2014

Yeah,  whoops,  Mbs. The data cap is 250 Gb a month, 10 bucks for another
50 Gb if you go over. I tried a couple years ago to go AT&T "pro" DSL when
thats all they offered,  couldn't get anywhere near the speed they
advertised. I know its up to that rate but I was seeing under 2 Mbs
consistently. Finally they connected me to a tech who asked me why I would
ever need 6 Mbs anyway. What? I canceled and they didnt fight me over it or
charge me for anything. Fortunately I hadn't canceled with Insight yet
(that was before TW bought Insight), for the very reasons you mentioned.
Think you talked me out of it. Actually don't know why I was considering
giving them another chance anyway. Guess its because I'm so frustrated with
TW over subscribing this line and not being able to use my connection on
weekend evenings.