[colug-432] buying a registered domain

Rob Stampfli res at colnet.cmhnet.org
Sun Feb 16 14:37:04 EST 2014

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 11:56:00AM -0500, Angelo McComis wrote:
> Next you can have them challenge the
> validity of the contact information. There is an ICANN requirement to
> have valid contact info.

Can anyone comment on how strictly this requirement is enforced?
I've got a couple of domains that somewhere along the way acquired
a fax number of "+1.5555555555".  I can apparently change it, but
not delete it entirely, and since I don't want to advertize a fax,
I've left it as is.  Of course it's obvious to any reasonable
person that this is a non-working number, but could it be used as
a challenge if someone were to want to steal the domain from me?

Rob