[colug-432] Android and IMAP weirdness

Stephen Potter spp at unixsa.net
Sat Feb 22 23:48:56 EST 2014

I've got a strange problem that recently cropped up, hope someone has a
good idea.

I have my Android phone getting mail from my home server through IMAP.
This has worked correctly for several years.  I recently replaced my
router and now I can't get my INBOX on my phone.  I can get other mail
folders without issue, but my INBOX never refreshes properly.  I believe
the only port I had open on my old router was 143 (I've also got 25 and
110 open, just to be sure).

On the mail server (Linux), I get an error whenever IMAP tries to
connect:  Connection closed: Connection reset by peer bytes=580/47779

Anyone able to help me figure out exactly what's happening?

Thanks,
-spp