[colug-432] RedHat and CentOS buddy-up

Scott McCarty scott.mccarty at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 13:03:27 EST 2014

inline comments...

----- Original Message -----

This is the downstream code, not the upstream code.

from: http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2014-January/020100.html

- - Sources that we consume, in the platform, in the addons, or the
parallel stacks such as Xen4CentOS will become easier to consume with
a git.centos.org being setup, with the scripts and rpm metadata needed
to create binaries being published there. The Board also aims to put
together a plan to allow groups to come together within the CentOS
ecosystem as a Special Interest Group (SIG) and build CentOS Variants
on our resources, as officially endorsed. You can read about the
proposal at http://www.centos.org/variants/

> 3. They are handing the CentOS trademark over to Redhat for
> protection and stewardship.

Agreed