[colug-432] Yum search to show installation status/repo?

Eric Floehr eric at intellovations.com
Fri Jan 10 15:28:20 EST 2014

I distro-hop a lot, but my "home base" distro is generally Fedora, which
I've used since RH5.

One thing I like about aptitude (Debian-based) and zypper (openSUSE) is
that when you search, it shows the install status in the result list. It's
convenient. Zypper will even tell you which repo the package comes from in
the summary list.

I know I can do "info" to see the install status of individual packages as
well as the repo they are in, but is there a way in the search result list
to list that info? I've not found a way.

Thanks!
Eric