[colug-432] Yum search to show installation status/repo?

Matthew Hyclak hyclak at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 15:59:28 EST 2014

On CentOS 6.5 the yum manpage shows

       OUTPUT

              The format of the output of yum list is:

              name.arch [epoch:]version-release  repo or
@installed-from-repo

yum list shows all packages and where they came from. Installed packages
are listed first, and the repo has an @ prepended, then Available packages
with no @.

Is that not what you're looking for?

Matt