[colug-432] Phone Rooting

Don donohio53 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 15:39:51 EST 2014

Am new to the mailing list.  Have talked to a couple of people on here and
read the various emails that came through.

Am just a Linux user, not schooled in IT, just picked up some knowledge
over time,  Have been using various Linux distros for several years now.
 Currently trying out Manjaro Linux.

To make this short and clear, have been trying to read what I can on line
about rooting my phone and the content is conflicting, or does not work, or
perhaps I cannot follow directions?  Anyway, hugely frustrating process.

Would like to either chat or meet someone who has knowledge about rooting
an older model HTC Evo 4G phone.  This phone is not under contract and is
my own.  I would like to learn from this process.  Am retired and so my
available time is usually open.

If this seems like something you feel is a personal skill, and would like
to help, then write back to me.

Will consider some form of negotiated compensation if we are successful.

Don Baun