[colug-432] How can I tell what driver cpu scaling uses?

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Thu Jan 16 12:34:36 EST 2014

On Thu, 16 Jan 2014, Joshua Kramer wrote:

> So I found out that starting with 3.4 I think, the kernel defaults to using
> the intel_pstate driver instead of acpi_pstate.  If using the intel_pstate
> driver causes issues (as it did with me), then add this to the kernel boot
> parameters:
>
> intel_pstate=disable
>
> After doing this, my copy of the 3.12 kernel now uses the acpi driver, and
> things work as they should.

Thank you for the courtesy of 'telling how it turned out' --
one of the things that vexes me (there are a few) are tracing
an email thread down, and  then seeing it end:
	I fould and solved the problem -- thanks

without the needed details for others to benefit from the
'back and forth' earlier in the thread.  In the gentler times
of yore, there was a ML convention of also pre-ending:
	 [solved] ...

in the subject line

-- Russ herrold