[colug-432] Determine Resource Usage

Dan Kaiser dank2878 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 15:27:01 EST 2014

How old is the laptop (i.e. what are the specs?)  I've recently offered to
install Linux on a friend's ailing laptop from 2005ish.  I was going to
target a smaller/minimal distro, most likely Crunchbang, but I'm interested
in hearing what you find if you compare LM13 vs. LM16.

In answer to your initial question, I typically search for minimum and
recommended specs for distros to see if my old hardware is up to snuff.
This is a frequently asked question on many Linux formums.  Here is a
recent article <http://www.maketecheasier.com/distros-for-old-computers/>listing
some of the better distros for older and/or low power machines.

-Dan

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a
habit." - Aristotle