[colug-432] Install new version at / ?

George Larson george.g.larson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 09:12:08 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 1:28 AM, Judd Montgomery <judd at jpilot.org> wrote:

> What I do in either case is mv my /home/${USER} to
> /home/${USER}/OLD to get it out of the way, do an install or upgrade,
> configure the desktop and selectively move things back to my home
> directory from OLD.  I hope that wasn't too hard to follow.

​I try to keep important things backed up somewhere just in case of loss.

Building on Judd's idea, size permitting, you could put everything in your
home into a backup (external HDD, SD card, cyphertite.com).  But I
definitely agree with his advice about setting those files aside while you
get the new (or upgraded) version up and running.  ​

--

-= c0d3 :: j0rg3 - all code, no cruft <http://j0rg3.com> =-

    - send me a private message <https://keybase.io/j0rg3> -