[colug-432] What's a good laptop for Ubuntu?

Dan Kaiser dank2878 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 16:03:37 EDT 2014

+1 for Lenovo ThinkPads.  When researching my next laptop last fall I found
many, many resources confirming the vast Linux support on Lenovo hardware.

I ended up with a refurb x220 and couldn't be happier.  I recently switched
from Crunchbang to Ubuntu 14.04 and it runs great.  I had to do some minor
tweaking to make it recognize my home directory that I had on a separate
partition, but even that works flawlessly now.  A new install wouldn't have
that issue though.

-Dan