[colug-432] VoIP provider recommendations?

Jeff Frontz jeff.frontz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 12:16:04 EDT 2014

Does anyone use asterisk or some other BYOD VoIP setup?  Who do you use as
a provider?

I'm using RingCentral, but they've recently raised their rates (making even
TWC's phone offering look competitive).

The things I like/get:
 - simultaneous ringing with called party confirmation/acceptance
 - simultaneous ring/find-me-follow-me to something like 5 different
numbers.
 - voice, email/app fax send/receive, SMS send/receive, and voicemail all
included on the same line/number.
 - iOS app for softphone/SMS/fax (so that I can make/receive calls anywhere
I have a wi-fi connection)
 - unlimited any-distance calls to anywhere in US/Canada.
 - free inbound

I'd be willing to switch to a per-minute plan, but I'm not willing to give
up the other features.

Any other providers stack up?

Thanks,
Jeff