[colug-432] Install and Manually Partition Debian

George Larson george.g.larson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 10:40:53 EDT 2014

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Richard Hornsby
<richardjhornsby at gmail.com> wrote:
> not familiar with ZFS.  What are the advantages?

Great question.  Hopefully there's someone here with the ability to
answer it?  (:  I just don't know, I've not used LVM enough to give
any fair comparison.  My DIY appliances (e.g., firewall and NAS) run
FreeBSD and I use GNU/Linux for my day-to-day.  I've used ZFS with
FreeNAS.

Also, I've used it at work to store my dev. database.  I can take a
snapshot.  Test a process that makes a lot of changes to data that are
interdependent with other data, cascading out in a way that would be
nightmarish to track manually.  Then I can look at the data and go
"Well, that's not exactly what I wanted." and return to my snapshot.

This guy has a list.  Might be a good list?  :D

[  http://www.unixconsult.org/zfs_vs_lvm.html  ]

--
-= c0d3 :: j0rg3 - all code, no cruft =-