[colug-432] Blu-Ray discs under CentOS/RHEL 6

Joshua Kramer joskra42.list at gmail.com
Wed May 28 09:55:56 EDT 2014

Hello,

Has anyone had any luck burning blu-ray discs under CentOS or RHEL 6?  I
got a blu-ray burner and I've been trying to burn blu-ray discs using
Brasero and K3b.  Under K3b, there is no option to make anything larger
than a DVD (though I have used it to write dual layer DVD's).  Under
Brasero, I can add ~20gb of files, but it does not recognize the blank
blu-ray disc, so it won't burn.

I used this drive to burn a DVD+R, so I know at least that functionality
works.

Thanks!
-JK