[colug-432] Bedrock Linux presentation for November

Daniel Thau danthau at bedrocklinux.org
Mon Nov 3 17:30:28 EST 2014

Hi!  I've not yet attended a COLUG meeting but I've heard good things
and plan to start attending.  Rather than being quiet in the back, I
thought it best to offer a presentation right out the gate.

If you attended the lightning talks at OLF last month, you probably saw
me.  I'm the founder and lead developer of a meta-distro called Bedrock
Linux [1].  The project's aim is to let you install and use software
from a variety of distros so that it comes as close to working as it
would if it were installed in its native distro.  The presentation I
have in mind would introduce the motivation behind meta-distro itself
and go over both some high-level concepts for how it works, basic usage,
of course demonstrations.  I can add/remove content as needed to adjust
for whatever time I'd be allotted, I just need to know what time span to
target.

Whether or not my offer is picked up, I'm looking forward to attending
COLUG meetings.

Daniel "paradigm" Thau

[1] http://bedrocklinux.org