[colug-432] Any kafka users on the list ?

Tom Hanlon tom at functionalmedia.com
Sat Nov 22 20:06:53 EST 2014

I agree that docker is neat and the company focussed around docker has
yet to implement training.

It would be fun to focus on a technology that is more technology and
less shims and splices.

It is funny to watch the uses of cgroups and lxc and whatever else in
the kernel enables containers, and then see folks get excited about
the use, but are unaware of the underlying technology. I am no master
of linux internals, but at least when I see something like YARN, or
MESOS or docker I take a quick look under the hood.

Maybe I will run kafka in docker...;-) Just kidding.

--
Tom