[colug-432] puppet book?

Rick Hornsby richardjhornsby at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 17:32:28 EDT 2015

Can anyone recommend a decent puppet book for puppet admins/ops?

I’ve used chef before, but it looks like this shop is going the direction of puppet.  No argument with the direction - but after spending a few days teaching myself puppet (and vagrant) starting to wonder about some things and the further I get into the official documentation the more convoluted the docs seem to get.

Specifically and by way of example - short going to full enterprise Puppet, I’m trying to figure out how we can possibly scale the management beyond a few nodes and a few classes if all the configuration on the puppet master is contained in files in /etc/puppet/manifests.  I see things about ENC and possibly mCollective - hoping a book will help explain and tie the pieces together for me.

thanks!