[colug-432] Question about grep and using " " in bash

Rick Hornsby richardjhornsby at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 12:07:36 EDT 2015

> On Apr 15, 2015, at 10:34, Matt Meinwald <meinwald.1 at osu.edu> wrote:
>
> If this is not just a contrived question to learn about
> argument quoting, "find" is usually a more reliable way to
> retrieve files matching criteria. For example, to see
> everything under /usr/bin with the setuid bit set, you can
> do the following:
>
> find /usr/bin -perm -u+s

+1

find is very powerful. The args/options available are extensive, and the manpage long which can make it seem intimidating.  Looking back to my early days, I wish I both knew more about and wasn’t so overwhelmed by find that I often ignored it.  I definitely did some things the hard way as a result.