[colug-432] Show Parent/Child Relationships of Database Tables

jep200404 at columbus.rr.com jep200404 at columbus.rr.com
Tue Aug 11 14:54:42 EDT 2015

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 12:46:03 -0400, Scott Merrill <skippy at skippy.net> wrote:

> Not quite what you’re looking for, ...

    plain text
    just table names
    indented to show parent/child relationship

For example, (simplistic, with redundancies suffixed in ()):

    address
        publisher
            book
                book_author
                book_location(2)
                borrowed_book(3)
        library_branch
            book_location(2)
            borrowed_book(3)
        borrower
            borrowed_book(3)

for the database shown on:

    http://schemaspy.sourceforge.net/sample/relationships.html

> ... but http://schemaspy.sourceforge.net/ might be close.

I already saw that one. It is not what I am looking for.
It seems that for the most part it just shows information about
individual tables in HTML instead of plain text,
one table per web page. Having separate web pages for each
table is a maze of twisty little passages.

The closest thing is the very graphical
http://schemaspy.sourceforge.net/sample/relationships.html
that I based my example above on.