[colug-432] doubleclick demands my identity?

Rick Hornsby richardjhornsby at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 10:07:37 EST 2015

A little OT because this is Safari 9 on OS X 10.11 -

Does a browser prompt where doubleclick demands an identity certificate make sense?  Anyone ever had this kind of thing happen to them?

Screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/io1ki94n88xibgo/Screenshot%202015-12-09%2007.17.01.png?dl=0

It happened this morning while reading Wired.com, after I went to a story[1].  I canceled the prompt, and double checked that my software based firewall (LittleSnitch) is blocking all outbound traffic to the doubleclick domain.  It's still weird, and reminds me why I've hated doubleclick for 15+ years.

[1] http://www.wired.com/2015/12/ubereats-is-ubers-first-app-thats-not-about-rides/