[colug-432] CentOS 7: "Install updates and restart" is hung...

Joshua Kramer joskra42.list at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 12:17:07 EST 2015

Hello,

About an hour ago, I selected the "Install updates and restart" menu option
on my main laptop.  It rebooted and started the normal update process, but
it's been sitting there doing nothing for the last hour.  I held the power
button to force it off, but when it restarted, it did the same thing...
started updating and then hung.

Is there any way to get behind the scenes and see what this thing is
getting hung up on?  Trying the familiar ALT+F1..F12 and CTRL+ALT+F1..F12
does not do anything.

The stupidity introduced by systemd is REALLY starting to get downright
annoying.  If I wanted to have an OS where I have to re-install to fix
issues every so often, I'd be using Windows...

Thanks!
-JK