[colug-432] colug-432 Digest, Vol 65, Issue 2

Zach Villers zachvatwork at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 09:02:09 EST 2015

Thanks for the advice everyone. I do have a Beaglebone black and a
Raspberry pi sitting around. I was thinking about using the BBB as the
router, but with one ethernet port, I would have to get a USB to ethernet
adapter. I think they advertise that they can pass 10/100, which shouldn't
hamper my broadband connection, but I've never used one, so Im not sure
that they work as advertised.

I will go read up on pfSense, openwrt, and see if there are any other good
distros out there. I can use my netgear from my isp for wireless hanging
off the switch you recommend and then maybe plug an external into the
raspberry pi for backups.